- Explore computer models of simple ecosystems.
- Change birth rates, food sources, etc. and see how well they survive.
- Investigate how malaria effects the human genome.
- Experiment with artificial life forms and see how they adapt to different selection pressures.
some models to get started
get these from the NetLogo models library...
- Biology/Simple Birth Rates
- Biology/Evolution/Genetic Drift/GenDrift T interact
- Biology/Evolution/Genetic Drift/GenDrift T reproduce
|contagion -- how diseases spread on contact|
|human vs mosquito -- how the malaria parasite spreads through humans and mosquitos|
evolution & adaptation
NOTE: for these models you must also download sxl-utils.nls -- a collection of utils which should be placed in the same folder as the models.
- rabbits and foxes -- rabbits and foxes learn to pay more attention!
- eco-flock-3a -- rabbits and foxes learn chase and evade rules.
- Buzz Bugs -- evolve your own bugs from simple genomes.
- simple-1a.genes -- a starter set of genomes for Buzz Bugs.
models using "smarter" algorithms
|L-Systems -- grow shapes with a generative grammar|
|lost pigs -- rescue pigs lost in a maze|